Welcome to Our Virtual Factory Tour
View, firsthand, the care and commitment put into Intenza Fitness cardio equipment.
Our production practices are built upon the 5S Manufacturing Methodology, the same used by
the automobile industry, and a cornerstone of our culture.
Logically-organised production steps
Consistency in all processes
Clean and orderly workspaces
Achieve highest levels of quality and organization
Maintain 5S throughout our factory
Factory Virtual TourOUR MANUFACTURING PROCESS
- 1. Parts Receiving
- 2. Quality Assurance
- 3. ‘Just in time’ Inventory
- 4. Automatic Guided Vehicles (AGVs)
- 5. Frame Fabrication
- 6. Rust-Proofing
- 7. Automatic Powder Coating
- 8. Full Assembly
- 9. Functional Testing
- 10. Visual Inspection Criteria (VIC)
- 11. Packaging
- 12. Shipping
Parts Receiving: Upon arrival at the factory, every component including controller, motors, consoles, and frames are recorded for full traceability.
- Full traceability means we always know which vendor supplied the part, which worker installed it, in which piece of equipment it was used, etc.
- We do this in order to provide superior customer service and accurate, fast issue resolution.
Quality Assurance inspects all received parts for proper fit, form, function, and condition. Conforming parts go to inventory to await production.
- Faulty parts are rechecked and, if needed, returned to the supplier and the non-conformance is investigated.
‘Just in time’ Inventory: On-hand inventory is always enough for one month of production.
Automatic Guided Vehicles (AGVs) During assembly, AGVs use magnetic tracks to move parts across assembly lines, minimising human handling.
- Frames are built using Robotic Welding performed at our 12 modular robot stations. Unlike other manufacturers, our stations have the flexibility to weld multiple parts because of multiple programming technologies.
- Welds are consistent and high quality.
- Welding areas stay clean and smoke free by the use of ventilation hoods, maintaining air quality and floor cleanliness.
- Prepares steel surfaces for powder-coating by dipping them in an anti-corrosion solution.
- Used in the automotive industry, this process is called Electrophoretic Deposition or “ED” for short.
Automatic powder-coating provides a durable, beautiful, and lasting finish;
- Each component is painted prior to sealing in the oven.
- The system efficiently allows us to switch paint colours in ten minutes reducing downtime and completing your order faster.
- Daily cleaning minimises
Full assembly: Meticulously trained technicians utilise a customised “one piece flow” production system proven in the automotive industry.
- Parts needed for assembling are compiled on carts.
- The AVG brings the cart with the product to the worker.
- The worker then performs assembly of a full section of the product.
- “One-piece flow” keeps workers focused and engaged during the process versus repeating the same task, mindlessly, over a conveyor belt.
- The entire process may be watched via real-time camera feeds so you can view your order’s assembly, packaging, and shipping process online, live, as it’s happening.
Functional testing ensures every aspect of the machine performs as designed. We call this the burn in test which takes approximately 20 minutes. Each product is assembled, powered on and run for a period of time to ensure full working order.
Visual Inspection Criteria (VIC) is confirmed for each product. It looks for properly aligned parts and lines – indicating quality workmanship and a well-built product.
- Upon passing testing and inspection, the machine is carefully disassembled and meticulously cleaned for packaging.
- Robust and protective crating and packaging is tested to ISTA category 2B guidelines for stability and strength during transport.
- Highly sensitive scales confirm contents of box and alert worker if weight appears to be incorrect. Packaging is opened and re-inspected for accuracy.
- The product is now ready for shipping.